With WordPress now powering nearly 1/3 of all public websites, the importance of maintaining WordPress installations so that data remains safe and malicious code does not find it’s way in through the WordPress CMS as an intrusion point is more crucial than ever. With the growth and popularity of the platform, there appears to have been a recent growth in the number of robots and individuals attempting to exploit the platform.
Recent years have seen us handling more SEO and Hacked Site cleanups than ever. Many clients have already requested regular SEO tuneup intervals, and now we are seeing the need to add regular WordPress site maintenance.
Effective immediately, we have implemented staggered SEO tuneup and WordPress site maintenance schedules.
April – August – December
- Optimize all page title and description meta tags
- Review Search Dashboard for errors
- Review Google Analytics metrics
- Submit new sitemaps to Google & Bing
February – June – October
- Backup and archive website codebase and database
- Update WordPress core
- Update all PlugIns and Themes
- Remove or replace abandoned PlugIns
Please let us know if you would like your site to be added to the schedule(s).